Wednesday, March 20, 2013

ART 210 Madhatter

  "The shy and timid Pikachu". The traditional Pikachu, as anyone who has ever come across one of the world's largest franchises knows, is a yellow character. I decided to go with red because I felt like it gave the character more of a shy look, the aim of this was to show Pikachu's alter ego from the cute but strong and confident hero he portrays to be with his "master" Ash. The white wings along with the black belly and white bow-tie where simply done to give the character a look of innocence and transparency that I believe most shy people have as well as to keep in the theme of "alter" (opposite) portrayal of Pikachu.

  Creating the outlines wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I made sure to keep all the different parts of the character on different layers. Making sure to label each part made it really easy to keep track of what was going on. All in all working with Illustrator was the most fun I've had in the class thus far as it really allows more freedom to play around and achieve the ideas you have in your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment